Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “critic(al).” Use it any way you’d like. Have fun!
As a child I was hyper critical of myself. I felt awkward and a small child living inside a much too tall and too skinny body.
My parents did not criticize me — they only lifted me up. They had more faith in my talents than I did.
I married a very critical man who was extremely critical of everyone, especially me. I am glad he is out of my life.
Now I am happy.
As an artist, it helps to be critiqued but not criticized. Seeing art with a critical eye is good as long as you do not destroy the inherent qualities of the work.
I could never be a movie critic, except in my own home. I cannot ever see me watching that many movies.
It is late and I know this is a jumble, but if I stop to read it, I will be critical of what I have written.
Instead I think I will just call it a day. Perhaps I have reached critical mass.
Follow Linda G. Hill’s blog to write along every Saturday.
Here are the rules for SoCS:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
4 thoughts on “SoCS – A Critical Critique of My Life by My Inner Critico”
I really enjoyed reading this. Me either, about movies.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, Jackie! One movie will do me for a while for sure!
I’m glad you are not sharing your soul with the critical man any longer:)
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, Jami. I am so glad, too.
Comments are closed.