It’s late and I decided to just throw out some random thoughts for tonight.
I just spoke with some friends about our favorite flowers. Mine is an iris. Flowers bring up a lot of thoughts for me:
- I always prefer natural planted flowers above cut arrangements.
- My mother’s favorite flowers were portulaca, bleeding heart, and lilacs.
- I like orchids and pansies because they look like they contain faces or figures.
- I miss the yellow tab trees in Florida when all the flowers fall to the ground.
It’s pouring rain right now. Some random thoughts about rain:
- I love to walk in a spring drizzle of rain.
- I love the sound of rain when I sleep.
- I do not like threatening rain.
- I remember my grandfather teaching me that when the leaves turned upside down it meant it was going to rain.
I’ve been thinking a lot about love since Valentine’s Day. Some random thoughts:
- I do not understand why it is so hard to love one another.
- One should never be fearful of love.
- Sometimes a bouquet of flowers doesn’t necessarily symbolize love.
- As children, we used to break milkweed and if it grew back our love was true.
The memory of some things make me smile every time I think of them:
- Gum wrapper chains
- Dotted Swiss
- Marionette shows
- The TV show Where the Action Is
I love thinking back on the things I wanted to be when I grew up:
- A Breck girl
- An elevator operator (I thought this was the MOST glamorous job ever!)
- A diamond cutter
- An archaeologist
Tomorrow is my sister’s birthday. I want to be happy about the day and not sad.