I woke up around 7:30 this morning, my mind brimming with thoughts. It was a random concoction of disassociated ideas, songs, events of the past few weeks, and lots of self talk that seemed like endless prattle. What better way to get it out than to blog about it?
- My sister’s birthday was toward the end of June. I thought a lot about her and her wildly feminist personality. I miss her so much in times like these.
- I listened to a podcast with Anita Hill as a guest speaker. She is an articulate and intelligent woman. During this podcast I learned so much about how women’s fertility issues are progressing. I have been out of touch.
- I laughed as I watched a chipmunk approach a butterfly on the ground. Everytime the butterfly moved its wings, it startled the chipmunk. This went on for several minutes and then I was horrified when the chipmunk attacked the butterfly and ate it. I never knew chipmunks were omnivores. I may never be the same.
- I have a yearning to travel – maybe a road trip although I abhor the traffic on our roadways – so much carelessness. I wondered if I would enjoy traveling Route 66. I was on a portion of the roadway when we traveled from Sedona to the Grand Canyon.
- Speaking of the Grand Canyon, I would love to be there in September for their Plein Art event. I would love to have a painting of sunrise or sunset over the canyon.
- I would really love to have an oil painting of the Blue Ridge mountains, too, but I have not found a local artist that paints the scenery I am hoping for.
- I am still undecided about attending my 50th class reunion. I am almost more interested in seeing old places, the house we lived in, etc., than my classmates. To be honest, most of the people planning to attend were not the people I hung out with in school.
- I wonder why songs get stuck in my head. My daughter recently sent me a TikTok video of a young woman jabbing fun at the intensity of the commercials Gen Xers grew up with. Now I cannot get this jingle out of my head.
- I have also been thinking about how great a weeklong family retreat to a cabin in the mountains would be. I have some favorite games I like to take on trips like that. What would you take to a family getaway for a week or two? Jigsaw puzzles, board games, favorite family movie classics?
- My knee (knock on wood) is finally feeling better. I joined the gym and am doing some weight training, but one of the most effective tools have found are resistance loop bands. Who knew?
That’s it for my mind ramble. How is your Sunday?