We are finally ready to welcome Christmas. The house is decorated and we have a selection of SiriusXM channels of different types of Christmas music I can play on my iPad or through our internet radio (I am enjoying Acoustic Christmas). We have the subscription on hubby’s truck that allows us to play it on other devices. Nothing left except just enjoying the holiday.
- Yesterday was my grandson’s birthday. It is so hard to believe he is 8 years old! He was always my little cuddler, but I am afraid after the pandemic is finally over (I am hopeful) he will have outgrown me snuggling with him on the couch.
- Speaking of hard to believe – We have 6 grandchildren. 3, 8, 11, soon to be 14, and soon to be 17 and soon to be 19. Time is moving at a rapid pace and there is simply no way to slow that clock down.
- So, yes, we are decorated and ready for Christmas. Most of our packages are being delivered directly to their destination this year so we have relatively few to wrap. Good for us, bad for the parents.
- Speaking of packages, we ordered a starter electric guitar for one granddaughter as a combination birthday/Christmas gift. The shipping was a mess. After days on chat with The Guitar Center, the package arrived! You would think that was a “Yay” moment, but unfortunately it arrived in pieces. Long story short, it was returned for a credit and a new guitar selected, but what a mess! This may be an insight into part of the reason they are filing for bankruptcy – or perhaps this is a side effect of the filing.
- I am hopeful of getting back in the jewelry studio today. I had to order a “third hand” because the one I had somehow disappeared. I am hopeful this one will do the trick. The base contains a strong magnet rather than a wing-nut to adjust the angle. It comes with cross-lock tweezers to firmly hold an object in place for soldering. Fingers crossed.
- My decluttering and cleaning is progressing. I hope to keep things orderly. What is it about horizontal surfaces? Some scientific principle I am unaware of – that any horizontal space must be filled? No? Just my house?
- The virus continues to rage and there is no leadership currently in the US to combat it. I saw an article this morning about a mass hospitalization of 300 people in India. Not Covid or any of the suspected possibilities. Some thinking this could be water contamination. Suddenly very thankful for my little independent well.
- I was helping a friend get back into her WordPress blog after being absent from blogging for a while. She came back to the block editor. I had forgotten how frustrating it can be for people who started with the good old original WordPress.
That’s it for me.