I have been so caught up in my life I have not been a good blogger these last few weeks. I am back now, though, anxious to catch up with everyone.
- Hubby has been gone for the last week and a half. He has been in Maine attending a workshop at the Wooden Boat School. He is traveling with our good friend as his assistant in the class as they build a kayak. They start their drive home today and should be back home tomorrow.
- I spent a day with my friend Molly working in her workshop making jewelry. I got discouraged trying to work at home because my torch was not big enough to solder the size of pieces I was making. Hopefully I will get back in the groove now. We had a beautifully sunny day and enjoyed lunch out on her deck.
- This is my fourth week in a class on how to write an op-ed. I chose the topic of gun violence. The research has been interesting but so discouraging to realize how polarized we have become. I submitted my draft last night and this week will be the last week of the class.
- Our bear came back last week while the bird feeders were outside. It was around 4:00 pm which is a bit unusual. The airhorn did not phase him much as he returned three times. We have huge heavy wooden doors so after repeatedly slamming them open and shut, he got spooked and left. I have not put the bird feeders out since.
- It has been mostly rainy and a bit dreary since hubby has been gone. The air has been a bit cooler although still humid. I am not complaining one bit as I have seen how challenging the weather has been in other parts of the country and the world. I am looking forward to a day or two of sunshine, though.
- I am still going to the gym, although I am only going every other day now. I have found my knee does better when there is a day of rest in between.
That’s about it for me. I look forward to getting back to my blogging routine and connecting with you all.