Welcome back to Throwback Thursday. Lauren is hosting this week and asking about those things we do not miss! Head over to her blog to get the details, and then join in!
This week’s prompt is: Things I Don’t Miss
My post follows.
I decided to simply list a few things if you can relate to any of them, drop me a comment. Or let me know what comes to mind when you read this topic.
- Garter belts
- Panty hose that we’re not long enough
- Nail Polish to stop runs in my nylons
- cod liver oil
- Spankings (our parents paddled our behinds)
- Hot summers with no A/C
- Corn meal mush
- Peeling peaches
- New school shoes
- Wearing dresses to school
- Pixie haircuts
- picking beans
- Static forming slips
- Cleaning my plate under the guise of starving children somewhere
- Frozen lima beans
- Four kids shoved into the backseat
- Stinging nettle
- High school algebra
- Blistering sunburns