I’m back! Another easy one this week so let’s get started.
If you care to join us, it’s easy.
- Write your own post sharing your memories and leave a pingback to this post in the comments.
- You can use the photo above in your post to make it easier to find.
- Tag it with #TBTMemory or #IRememberWhen.
- If you do not wish to write your own post, feel free to tell your story in the comments below.
This week’s prompt is: Things I Miss
This week think about objects or places you miss having in your life. It could be a favorite toy, a photograph, a favorite hang-out, a favorite store or shop, a collectible, a favorite pair of jeans, or old movie ticket stubs. It can be anything your little heart desires. Write about one thing or write about a few. You’re running the show this week!
My post follows:
To me, some memories are best in our minds. Take clothes for instance. I had some great clothes, but I was a toothpick then! Having them in front of me might be depressing!
There are a few things I wish I still had Or things I miss and together they are quite an eclectic mix.
- My grandmother was a nurse and she had a few glass hypodermic needles each in their own cardboard box. I wish I had them. They were objects of fascination for me as a child.
- Then there was my collection of broken glass. I spent months wading the creeks, picking up beautiful pieces of glass smoothed by tumbling over the rocks for miles and miles. I kept them in the cardboard box my Barbie came in.
- There was a drive-up burger place called the Hi-Lo burger. Our parents took us there often. Later in life I went there with my Dad and my children. The building was still standing, but it has been closed for years. They had THE best burgers and I had the best memories.
- I wish I still had my class ring. It was from Jostens of course – white gold with a hematite stone with my initials inside. Stupidly, I gave it to my ex-husband who in turn gave it to his girlfriend telling her it was his. Obviously with my initials inside, neither of them were too bright.
I must stop now before I ramble on and on. I look forward to your posts!