This week looks to be warmer and more spring-like with no rain in the forecast for the week. I cannot tell you how much I have been looking forward to a week like this!
- The dogwoods are full of buds. Soon they will reveal a yellow tinged flower that will turn bright white and frame my driveway beautifully. We do have a few pink dogwoods interspersed which are also a delight.
- There are a few buds on some of the redbud trees as well. Looking to the very tops of the trees, it ie easy to see leaves emerging.it will not be long until all the bare trees are covered in new leaves.
- The bluebirds have become very protective of the supply of mealworms at the feeders resulting in diving from atop a tree to scare away competing bluebirds.
- Friday we get our second Covid-19 vaccination. It will be a relief to be fully vaccinated. I know it will not change our behavior much until more people are vaccinated, but I am hopeful I will be able to hug my grandchildren (at least some of them) soon.
- We finished watching “The Queen’s Gambit” and are now watching episodes of “Finding Faith” on Acorn, and “Collateral” on Netflix. We are also waiting on the final season of “The Split”, but looks like that may be next year. All good shows.
- The first official day of spring is now only 12 days away. Yay!
- We bought dirt to refresh our container gardens for spring planting. I planted a spring flower mix that I can safely bring inside if temperatures drop. We still have cabbage, broccoli, kale and Swiss chard from last year. Our shallots and garlic are hopefully going to produce edible bulbs soon.
- Our mums are peeking through the ground as are our irises. We have one or two azalea blooms, too!
- We finished all the kolaches. I posted a couple of photos below.
Enjoy your week. I am going to be loving every minute!