Winter, Christmas, political jockeying, quarantine, a time of hope, you name it. Let’s get started.
- We had another 1.85 inches of rain last night. The rain started around midnight and heavy rain woke me about 5:00 AM. I love sleeping to the sound of rain.
- We have a tiny chance of snow falling this coming Wednesday. It would be nice to see a little of the white stuff fall.
- My mailed and shipped packages are all taking longer to be delivered by 2-3 days. All related to Covid they say. I have two packages in transit and then everything Christmas related will have been delivered.
- I do have some gifts to wrap. We will deliver presents (no contact) to our two children and their families that live close by. Hubby and I exchange small gifts, but nothing elaborate. We will be content to just relax and enjoy the day.
- Last week I watched the “The Social Dilemma”. It is a documentary about our social networks, presented by the architects that built them. It was a worthwhile 90 minutes – on Netflix. I recommend everyone watch it. Privacy is an illusion when it comes to these platforms.
- Hubby and I also watched Dolly Parton’s “Christmas on the Square”. It is a musical feel good Christmas story. I even cried a little.
- Today, the electoral college votes are tallied. But it will not be the end of the controversy until January 6th. I am ready to move forward.
- The first of the Covid-19 vaccines rolled out over the weekend. Such hope. Of course Governor DeSantis from Florida has already suggested ‘stretching’ the available vaccine by administering one dose instead of the two doses 3-weeks apart. SMH 🤦♀️
- Our state like many others introduced new restrictions last week. Bars, restaurants, etc., must close from 10:00 pm until 5:00 am and people are required to be at home during those hours unless traveling for food, medical care, etc. I cannot remember the last time I was out between those hours.
- The rain is coming to and end but the winds have kicked up now. This disturbance should be out of our area by noon or so.
That’s it for now. Hope you have a great Monday and a peaceful and easy week.