This month has been no joke. While on one hand I feel very accomplished, on the other I feel like I am getting nothing done. Let’s get started.
- Yesterday I was under the weather with a stomach bug. Thankfully I feel much better today.
- Yesterday also marked the midpoint of NaNoWriMo. I am on track with my word count just over 25,000 words. I will not say it is a great novel, but more an exercise in character development. One of my characters killed off her father in an accident/no accident. I am anxious to read this when NaNo has passed to see how I react to the characters after-the-fact.
- When I am not writing, I have been working in my studio making jewelry. It is a learning curve when you face problems and must work out the solutions on your own. I have a few things stacked on my bench ready to mail. That makes me happy.
- Speaking of jewelry, last night I camped out in front of the TV and watched YouTube videos on jewelry techniques. There is always something to learn and always some new tool or gadget I think I ‘need’.
- Low temperatures are dropping into the 30’s again this week, but never fear, the high on Sunday should be back into the 70’s. The weather here is challenging. I started on Saturday in shorts and by the evening I was in sweats with my hoodie on.
- Of course, the virus is raging and we still have so many deniers. We are staying put as much as possible. The advice is to go back to the same precautions we used in April. Our state never fully opened up and the latest restrictions were extended until December 4th.
- The deniers. I don’t get it, honestly. Last night I read a nurse’s account of dealing with Covid patients who are still deniers. She said they yell at them and tell them that Covid is just a cold or the flu. This statement stuck with me: “…they yell until they are intubated. Then the yelling stops.” I cannot imagine how hard the life of our healthcare workers is right now.
- I have also been trying to order gifts for the grandchildren for Christmas. We have no plans to gather with family or friends for Thanksgiving or Christmas. We will still get a tree and decorate, but the cooking will just be for the two of us. I ‘might’ bake and mail goodies, but no promises yet. Anywhere you can find joy, grab it!
- This might be a good year to send holiday greeting cards. It’s just the energy factor and what news to share. Maybe this year is just a signature or perhaps it is a ‘can’t wait until 2020 is over’. Maybe those cards are not such a good idea after all. Sitting with a warm cup of coffee, with holiday music in the background while writing cards still sounds festive to me, though.
- I have been reading blogs and catching up. Not commenting much, but I am reading. I will be back to normal (what is normal?) in December.
So how are you doing? What are you doing to maintain balance and your mental health? Wherever you are and whatever you do I hope you mask up and stay safe. We are nowhere near being out of the woods yet.
Wishing you a wonderful week!