WordPress is getting on my last nerve this morning, so we will see how this goes. My reader is wonky with several sites I follow being indented and others not. It is disturbing to the eye. Blog photos were not being displayed. So much for my upbeat post! Ahh, but things can always be worse, so let’s get started.
- We received 6.81 inches of rain over the weekend from the remnants of hurricane Delta. Our record for our daily rainfall amount was 6 inches, so as I said above it could be worse.
- The rain and darkness put me in a funk this weekend. I intended to continue my story about life on the farm, but I was not in the mood to write. Maybe today.
- InkTober has been challenging but at least it has me drawing again. I wait to read the prompt until the night before. Today’s prompt is ‘slippery’. I will need to ponder that one.
- I am going back to grocery pickup this morning rather than going to the store to shop. Since our latest restrictions were lifted, our numbers are on the rise much like most of the states. People have lost their minds.
- Our hummingbirds have finally gone south. We are still seeing Rose Breasted Grosbeaks at the feeder but they are simply passing through.
- NaNoWriMo starts in just 20 days. I will enter that place of madness that results in trying to write a novel of 50,000 words in 30 days. With the pandemic, there will not be the normal Thanksgiving disruptions so in some ways it might be easier.
- I did not participate in Song Lyric Sunday yesterday. I had a post I wanted to write, but my heart just was not in it. I might write it later on just as a normal blog post.
- We took a drive up on the Parkway last week. It was hazy and the sun was bright which washes out the colors.
- I wonder if the world is as tired of America’s news as we are? The election, Supreme court hearings, kidnapping plots, wildfires, police misconduct, demonstrations, the virus, hurricanes. It’s all like an unbelievably bad novel.