1. I have an odd relationship with reading. My parents and their families were diametrically opposed where reading was concerned. I have drifted in and out of periods of reading in my life. Right now, I’m in. My mom’s family (and my mom) were ALWAYS in.
2. Speaking of reading, I just started reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, a 2014 Pulitzer Prize winner. (Thanks to Tony and Margie from Back Roads and Other Stories for reminding me of this book.) It made me wonder how many Pulitzer Prize winning novels or other fiction pieces I have read. Not as many as I thought! Here’s a link if you care to see how many you have read. I will be very impressed if anyone has read them all! Pulitzer Prize Winners
3. When I was perusing newspaper articles last week, I discovered a recurring column which listed all the small rural communities and their use of the Bookmobile (did you check out books from the bookmobile?) Our little mountain community always had one of the highest numbers for books checked out and one of the lowest numbers for overdue books. The father of one of my oldest and dearest online friends drove a Bookmobile. She once sent me articles about him. That was sweet. I never knew a Bookmobile driver.
4. Iva Lou Wade is a character in Andriana Trigiani’s book Big Stone Gap. Iva Lou is the Bookmobile librarian/driver. What a great character! I love Trigiani’s character development. I am also very familiar with this very real community of Big Stone Gap as it is not far from where I grew up.
5. Speaking of Adrianna Trigiani, she was a very successful producer on both ‘The Cosby Show’ and ‘Different World’. So talented.
That’s it for the five things running through my mind on this late Friday morning.