Reblogging this painful and heartbreakingly accurate piece. Read it and weep. We have allowed gun violence to be the new face of America. Thank you, Laura, for writing such a powerful post.
1. Where a white nationalist can walk into a Walmart with a semiautomatic weapon in freaking Texas where he slaughters twenty people and injures two dozen others in six minutes.
2. Texas. A state where a Walmart holding up to three thousand people would have had more than its fair share of “good guys with guns”. And yet, to no one’s surprise, that didn’t help those folks who got shot by the bad guy.
3. Where a white shooter can post a GD manifesto railing against immigrants in Texas and pushing the preservation of European identity in America and still the first words out of Trump’s mouth aren’t white nationalist, white supremacy, or gun violence.
4. Because only in America is it more politically palatable to blatantly disregard publicly stated facts and blame mental illness.
5. Where twelve hours of news coverage revolves around a crime scene, gunman, and casualty updates…
View original post 259 more words